William M. “Billy” Lewis joined Lee, Goodwin, Lee, Lewis & Dobson in 2006 after working in private practice for larger multistate law firms. He was admitted to the bar in 2003 in Oklahoma and has practiced in front of the Oklahoma Supreme Court, various district courts in Oklahoma, the United States District Courts including the Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of Oklahoma and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
With a special affinity for representing business owners, Billy prides himself on the capability to represent a business owner from the formation of the company to assisting in passing the business on to their children, and all the steps in between. As a small business owner himself, Billy understands the obstacles facing small and mid-sized businesses, including their need for legal counsel that creates value for them rather than simply generating fees for their attorneys. He also enjoys working with his bank and real estate property clientele to find cost effective solutions for their needs.
Billy also enjoys serving the greater Oklahoma City and Edmond communities, including supporting various charitable organizations that focus on helping disadvantaged children. He served as the past President of the Oklahoma City University Alumni Board, and is a past committee member for Allied Arts. In his spare time, Billy’s passion for cars led him to become a minority owner of Pro Motorsports, a custom automotive restyler for professional athletes and other high net worth clients. He also enjoys the camaraderie and competition of triathlons, when his schedule allows.
- J.D., Oklahoma City University (2003)
- B.S., Finance, Oklahoma City University, Magna Cum Laude (2000)
Primary Practice Areas
- Banking and Transactional Matters
- Real Property Law
- Corporate and Business Entity Formation and Maintenance
- Commercial and Complex Litigation
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- United States District Court – Western, Eastern & Northern District
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Western & Eastern District
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Author, Corporate Compliance Under the Regulations Implementing Sarbanes-Oxley, published in The Quarterly Report, vol. 60 (spring, 2006)
- Lecturer, “Limited Liability Company Update in Oklahoma”, sponsored by the National Business Institute