Kyle Goodwin is originally from a small town in Northwest Oklahoma, where he was raised as a “farm boy.” After graduating from high school, he attended Oklahoma State University where he received a degree in Agricultural Economics in 1991. Kyle realized his dream of becoming a lawyer after receiving his law degree from the University of Oklahoma in 1996. Kyle learned the craft of litigation and trial practice while a partner with the law firm of Hughes & Goodwin from 1996 to 2006, where he was responsible for dozens of jury and non-jury trials in Oklahoma and Texas. In 2006, he formed the Goodwin Law firm in downtown Oklahoma City, where he continued to focus on civil and commercial litigation and trial practice, while growing his law firm with attorneys and staff. In late 2011, Kyle merged his practice with Lee & Associates to form his current firm, where he is the Senior Trial Attorney.
Despite that fact that it seems that lawyers do not go to trial as much anymore, Kyle greatly enjoys the challenges and thrills of an active trial practice. His primary areas of practice focus on general civil and complex commercial litigation. Through the years, Kyle has received numerous accolades for his trial skills, including the highest peer rating afforded by Martindale Hubbell. In 2017, Kyle was recognized as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in America.
With his family life being his ultimate priority, Kyle spends all of his personal time with his wife, Shannon, and his four children, Kaden, Kale, Kirk and Kameron. The Goodwin family is very active in athletics, school functions and with their church, St. Luke’s Methodist in downtown Oklahoma City. When work and family time permit, Kyle enjoys golf and skeet shooting with his children and friends.
- J.D., University of Oklahoma (1996 with honors)
- B.S., Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University (1991 with honors)
Primary Practice Areas
- Civil and Complex Commercial Litigation, focusing on banking, small business, financial and real estate matters
- Construction Law
- Nursing Home Defense Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury matters
- Large Estate Domestic Litigation
- Bankruptcy Adversarial Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV; 5.0 out of 5
- Top 100 Attorney in America.
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Licenses & Admittances
- Oklahoma Bar (1996)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts – Northern, Eastern & Western Districtis Oklahoma & Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankrupty Courts – Northern & Western Oklahoma